Wednesday, January 14, 2015

User Test Report

After the in-class user test with our junior, I collected variety of feedbacks. Most obvious and consistent feedback is the instruction. My project is very experimental and artistic. I need to figure out a very subtle way to hint user how to interact with my project. Right now, there's no instruction at all. Other than lacking of instruction, another challenge in the usability of my project is the confusion of when to start walking, when to stop walking.

My interactive narrative experience is designed in such way that user will walk at some part and rest to watch some animation, then continue. I need to think about how to make a silent, yet clear indication to inform user such transition. So far I haven't got any idea how to do it yet.

Since my project appeared to be very inviting during the user testing day, everyone feels like walking on the shoes pad to find out what is going to happen on the screens, plus there are 3 monitor screens. It's catchy enough to attract viewer's attention. Most people answered they are willing to explore the interactive journey.

Regarding the viewer's point-of-view, there are mixture of preferences between first person and multiple point-of-view. I think it all depends on the final animation of the project.

Most user responded that they are willing to spend about 1 minute to less than 3 minutes time exploring the project. So I guess my concern if time wasn't a major issue now.

No comments:

Post a Comment