Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Art Style Development

After some good rest in the holiday, I think it's time to rearrange my plans and thoughts of the design development.

I've tried some C4D approach of creating some depth of view angle, explored how Adobe After Effect helps generate fake 3D using vector graphics to do animation. I've also found some tutorial that teach me how to create Optical illusion effect in Adobe Illustrator. So, the conclusion is to mix around techniques and tool to create the final artwork.

For the time being, I haven't really come out with much visual testing and design.

Plan for the coming week -> Draw full scenery design x 3 different art style approach

I started today with a reading of the thoughts behind one of my favourite reference. Daehyun Kim's artwork has very interesting style that other black and white art style don't have.

http://www.moonassi.com/

Who are these people? Who's face?
The face with no expression is borrowed from old Buddhist painting which has always fascinated me since university. I thought that the face is perfect to conceal their feelings because I don’t want to show directly if these characters are good or bad through their faces. The simple black suit which looks like underwear has been chosen in order to make you only focus on their gestures. I purposely don’t show the time, place or gender.

Above quote gave me even more in depth consideration for my work. In this case, what do I want people to focus in the woods. Based on that, I can then set the hierarchy of details to build a effective visual for the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment