Monday, June 9, 2014

SOI Draft Sketches


I went and meet up with a senior in Multimedia Design Diploma program, wanting to ask him about his experience working in China. He had a few projection mapping project experience. I would like to ask if he could give me some insight and project development consideration beforehand.

But his point of view is quite contrast with my project positioning because his point of view is heavily affected by industry client value while mine is more on the artistic exploration of visual perception. So I got a little confuse in how my project idea could develop into stronger idea that fit a purpose. So I started to list down some of the crucial key points to consider, like problems/ background, target audience, application possibilities, industry focus (entertainment? education? advertising?...)
In a quick brainstorming, I came out with idea of turning my project into a theme park solution so that the exploration of artistic visual solution as an entertainment piece could have a more focus audience. Once some of the idea positioning is nailed down, I could then find out which solution fits the targeted aim.

After bringing my concerns into the discussion with Tutor, I decided to set the project direction as an experimental project that aimed to explore interactive user interface design through an artistic point of view to find out how visual perception will affect interactive user experience. So my project will then test the solution and produce a finding. 

The black colour inked text are few of the points noted in the discussion with Tutor.

No comments:

Post a Comment