Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My thoughts of MAGICAL storytelling in film - Part 1

I've watched some film that has the theme of magic. 
Film list: Now You See Me, The Illusionist, Oz the Great and Powerful, and Prestige.
Animation: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lessmore

There are some of the consistency in use of scene element and I'm going to list them down as my analysis to help me develop my storyboard.


#1 Spiral/ Circular Swirl
Swirl and Spiral are commonly used element that creates the illusion of falling into hole/ tunnel. It suggest direction, a path from one location to another location, potentially twist of dimension.
Oz the Great and Powerful - Tornado + hot air baloon

Oz the Great and Powerful - Opening Title Sequence

A Series of Unfortunate Events - Opening Title
(hot air baloon + spiral elements)

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lessmore - Tornado


Now you see me - Poster



Swirl & Spiral in Op Art 
The vector op art below are collection that helps me to develop my storyboard in creating dimension, transitioning in the adventures.








No comments:

Post a Comment