Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Digitize Storyboard

Although I haven't fully confirmed the visual idea I am suppose to create, I carry on transfer my storyboard sketches into digital look. During the visual transferring stage, I realized that if I am going to use vector graphic to make the complete video, it's going to be very time consuming. 

Since I haven't come into a clear conclusion of my visual idea, I thought of combining vector and realistic video footages to solve the technical issue of time consuming visual production. The other concern I have is the difficulty of creating the right angle for the vector world. As my project aim to create a visual illusion art work that engage user's attention, the visual has to be believable. Shooting real video footages and turn them into monochromatic mode could allow me to produce believable angle in a shorter time frame. But the challenge for this solution will be, to scout for location to film the video, the equipment required, to get approval for shooting video at the public place and etc.

While having these thoughts in my mind, I still need to test out the visual experience for my storyboard. So below are the first draft of the storyboard. 

Scene 1


Scene 2


Scene 3


Scene 4


From Scene 1 to Scene 4, I manage to make the graphic all in vector format. The challenge will be to get the perspective right. And the next step is to consider how these scenes are going to look like during the animation stage. Some graphic elements need to be able to flexibly adjusted for animation purposes.


Scene 5


Scene 6


Scene 7


From Scene 5 to Scene 7, I faced the challenge to create woods environment from such wide variety of angles. Therefore I decided to choose some of the high res photos from the internet to use as my footage sample.


Scene 8


Since 8 suddenly turn back to a very vector style visual. Personally I wasn't very happy with the result. But due to my struggle of time management issue during this Christmas festive season, I compromised for the sake of meeting my minimum production timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment