Friday, December 26, 2014

Technical Progress: FLORA Board to Arduino Leornado

After few round of testing on Adafruit FLORA board, I still faced problem connecting the circuit and coding the keyboard control.

Therefore, Yee Siang recommend me to explore Arduino Leornado Board, an Arduino board that has built-in keyboard integration. I can connect the circuit like most of the Arduino board, no extra library needed. I agreed with the suggestion too. Since I am considering investing one Arduino board that allow easy flash integration, this is a stable choice.

I ordered one Arduino Leornado online from a local seller and give it a try so that I can meet the deadline of Alpha test on week 8 (after the New Year holiday).

Once I received the board, it took me few days to understand the board by testing out some of the codes shared online.

Example:
Keyboard Message - Arduino Leornado
Keyboard Modifiers - Arduino Leornado

My main challenge is to get Arduino Leornado to pass sensor info to computer and turn them into keyboard input. The two links above helps me to grab the concept, then adapt them into pressure sensor analog data condition.

Along the way of testing, I tested the input with 2 or more pressure points to see how I can allow more variety of user control.

But due to different sensor point has a different "minimum number" and "maximum number" at it's before and after pressure. Some times when I plug the input pin at the wrong place, it will trigger a infinite keyboard press on my computer, and it got my workstation hang for many times.


After few times of such "disaster", I learnt my lesson and carefully label all of the wiring so that no more "computer hang" incident will ever happened again.


No comments:

Post a Comment