Monday, December 22, 2014

Technical Progress: Velostat Pressure Sensor - Multiple Input

The first trial of DIY pressure sensor successfully detect the analog output from the changes of voltage when input weight is added onto the sensor. To create the pressure sensor, the pressure pad is separated into 2 part, the top part connected to the 5 volt pin on the Arduino board and the bottom part connected to the Ground pin. If there's contact between the top part and the bottom part, it'll be a complete circuit. No voltage loss.


For pressure sensor, it means there's voltage changes when force is added upon the sensor. A layer or 2 of velostat is added to avoid direct contact of the top and bottom of the pressure sensor. Once the velostat layer is pressed, it will trigger analog voltage changes. This set of pressure sensor will need to connect with a resistor of atleast 1K ohm.

To work on multiple velostat detection like my reference Joyslipper 2, I need to find example online that has same circuit connection with multiple analog output and resistors connections on the bread board.

At last, I found this circuit diagram that connects three potentiometers together, fits my requirement pretty well.


It took me quite a while to find this. But it's really helpful. I used this circuit to work on my latest slippers connection.

1 comment: