Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Technical Progress: Explore Arduino Adafruit Flora Board

Making velostat pressure sensor wasn't too difficult. As long as I got the top and bottom layer concept clear, it's quite easy to produce many of them.

Now, the challenge is how to connect the velostat pressure sensor with computer for input control.

I remember my classmate did a hand glove that allow user to generate input through the hashtag gesture. I decided to ask my friend about the Arduino logic and how I can turn the analog data from the pressure sensor into controlling flash-based interaction. 

From there, I was introduced Adafruit FLORA board. 

One good thing about Adafruit is that, they provide very resourceful learning system for their customer to expand the capabilities of their boards. FLORA board adapt Arduino codes, provided that developer has to download Adafruit library in order to demonstrate its features in Arduino environment. Keyboard library is available in Adafruit FLORA board. In this case, I can turn every pressure input into a keyboard control to activate my flash based content. 

Besides that, my main Joyslipper reference in the previous post is also using Adafruit FLORA board. I think this is the best start for the coding experiment. 


Instead of Using Arduino Application to code, I will have to download Adafruit version of Arduino Application.

With Adafruit version of Arduino, there are library specially dedicated for the Neopixel shoes, using velostat pressure sensor to control LED lights.



No comments:

Post a Comment